Monday, December 17, 2012

"I'll Support You"

Last Thursday, at a local Rotary meeting, my friend, Rich Delaney, presented a brief program with his coauthor, Christine Becicka. I had emailed him previously to let him know I would "be there to support" him. He told me that no man has ever told him that. Only his female friends mention supporting him in his professional endeavors. Upon greeting him that morning, I assured him he had my emotional commitment, not a financial investment. He was disappointed I did not bring a check made out to him for one thousand dollars! He was sure his male friends would have expected such from a "supporter." Rich is a funny man! His topic that morning was gender differences in communication among CEOs. I bought a copy of their book, You Can't Kill All the Men: Recipes for Business Leaders , 2011.

No comments: